For those plebians that don't read French, the last paragraph translates to something like
Updates are sorted based on their release date, you have to find all the updates up to patch 3.1.3 ... and 3.2 after next wednesday.
I read French >.> I swear. Not my fault that translation's identical to MMO Champion's post.
Current 3.2 PTR Patch Notes I'm sure you all love me for not pasting that all in here... But I'm not going over everything, so I'd recommend reading through that when you have the time.
Now, down to the fun parts. Druid info! (This is assuming that you've been following a bit on the latest changes. If not, I'd suggest checking out the 3.2 portal on MMO Champion. I will not be going over Coliseum specifics other than loot of interest.)
The Argent Tournament Expands
- All new Argent Crusader daily quests and rewards have been added for players with the Crusader title. Rewards include a new Argent Crusader banner and tabard (which can port players to the tournament grounds), a mounted squire (can periodically run bank, mail or vendor errands for the player), a paladin-exclusive Argent Crusader Charger mount, and new heirloom items.
- All new Silver Covenant and Sunreaver daily quests and rewards have been added for players exalted with these factions. Rewards include tabards, new ground and flying mounts, and a new pet.
This means, get to daily-ing! Just looking at those rewards makes me a very happy tree. A pet that can also be a bank for me? <3
So, no more having to ticket a GM for a missloot! While this isn't something that we run into every day, it will be nice to no longer have to be quite so paranoid about looting items.
New Dungeon Loot Feature
- Players will now be able to trade soulbound items with other raid or group members that were eligible for the loot. This system will work like the Item Buy Back system and allow 2 hours for players to trade an item after it has been looted. Players who choose to enchant or add gems to the item will get one last confirmation before losing the ability to trade the item.
- New druid art for Cat Form and Bear Form has been added. There are now five unique color schemes for each form and faction. Changing hair color (night elves) or skin tone (tauren) via the barbershop will change the look of one's cat and bear forms.
Dungeons and Raids
- Dungeon and Raid ID Extensions
- In order to allow for parties and raids to progress through instances at their own pace, players can now extend an instance ID on an individual basis.
- Existing or recently expired IDs can be extended via the Social tab under Raid by clicking on Raid Info.
- The ID of any instance to which a player is saved can be extended. Doing so will extend the instance lock period by the same amount of time as the original lock (i.e. extending an Ulduar instance ID will add 7 days, a Heroic: Halls of Lightning instance ID will add 24 hours, and a Zul'Gurub instance ID will add 3 days to the instance lock time).
- An ID can be extended more than once.
- An extension can be reversed on an individual basis provided the player does not do anything in the instance during the extended instance lock period that would save that player to the instance.
- Emblem System Changes
- Both the 10 and 25-player instances of the Crusaders' Coliseum drop a new Emblem of Triumph.
- Any dungeons that previously dropped Emblems of Heroism or Valor, such as Naxxramas or Heroic Halls of Stone, will now drop Emblems of Conquest instead. Emblems of Conquest can still be converted to Valor or Heroism.
- The Heroic dungeon daily quest will now reward 2 Emblems of Triumph and the normal daily dungeon quest will reward 1 Emblem of Conquest.
- The existing achievements to collect 1, 25, 50, etc. Emblems of Heroism, Valor, and Conquest have been converted to Feats of Strength since Heroism and Valor Emblems are no longer attainable.
- New achievements have been added to collect various amounts of any combination of emblems.
- 25-player raids will no longer be referred to as Heroic versions of a raid, as there is a new distinction between normal and Heroic modes for both 10 and 25 player versions of the Crusaders' Coliseum.
- The Nexus: The Oculus & The Eye of Eternity
- Drakes used by players in these instances will now scale in health and damage according to the rider's average item level.
- Players can now use Blink, Shadowstep, and Demonic Teleport while participating in the illusion events in the Yogg-Saron encounter.
- Ominous Clouds in the Yogg-Saron encounter are now more vocal about touching players and should no longer sometimes appear to be in the wrong place for certain players.
- An Immortal Guardian targeted for Empowering Shadows in the Yogg-Saron encounter will now become a 'Marked Immortal Guardian' while targeted.
- Crusher Tentacles in the Yogg-Saron encounter spawn a little slower in 25-player mode allowing a bit more time for players to clear out the Illusion room.
- Empowering Shadows in the Yogg-Saron encounter now targets a maximum of three Immortal Guardians in 25-player mode.
- Yogg-Saron's health has been reduced by 20% in the final stage of his 25-player mode.
- Winter Jormungars will no longer put everyone in the zone in combat when they emerge from a Snow Mound. Additionally, Snow Mounds will now disappear when all their jormungars have emerged.
Read it, love it. There are very few of these changes that I don't think are a good thing, and even with the worries about what the emblem changes will do to raiding, I think it's a good decision in the long run.
- Agility: The amount of agility required per percentage of dodge has been increased by 15%. This change required recalibrating the amount of dodge a player has with 0 agility by a slight amount as well, so all players will see their dodge percentage vary a small amount.
- Block Value: The amount of bonus block value on all items has been doubled. This does not affect the base block value on shields or block value derived from strength.
- On-Use Block Value Items: All items and set bonuses that trigger temporary increases to block value have been modified. Instead of increasing their block value amount by 100% like other items, they have all had their effect durations doubled. This applies to Glyph of Deflection, Gnomeregan Autoblocker, Coren's Lucky Coin, Lavanthor's Talisman, Libram of Obstruction, Tome of the Lightbringer, Libram of the Sacred Shield, the tier-8 paladin Shield of Righteousness bonus, the tier-5 paladin Holy Shield bonus, and the tier-5 warrior Shield Block bonus.
- Dodge Rating: The amount of dodge rating required per percentage of dodge has been increased by 15%. This is before diminishing returns. Combined with other changes, this makes dodge rating and parry rating equally potent before diminishing returns apply.
- Mana Regeneration: All items that provide "X mana per five seconds" have had the amount of mana they regenerate increased by approximately 25%.
- Parry Rating: The amount of parry rating required per percentage of parry has been reduced by 8%. This is before diminishing returns. Combined with other changes, this makes dodge rating and parry rating equally potent before diminishing returns apply. Parry still diminishes more quickly than dodge.
- The cast time for summoning any ground mount is now 1.5 seconds, down from 3 seconds.
- Apprentice Riding (Skill 75): Can now be learned at level 20 for 4 gold. Mail will be sent to players who reach level 20 directing them to the riding trainer.
- Journeyman Riding (Skill 150): Can now be learned at level 40 for 50 gold. Mail will be sent to players who reach level 40 directing them back to the riding trainer.
- Expert Riding (Skill 225): Can now be learned at level 60 for 600 gold from trainers in Honor Hold or Thrallmar. Faction discounts now apply (Honor Hold for Alliance; Thrallmar for Horde). Flight speed at this skill level has been increased to 150% of run speed, up from 60%.
- Artisan Riding (Skill 300): Faction discounts now apply (Honor Hold or Valiance Expedition for Alliance; Thrallmar or Warsong Offensive for Horde).
- In order to further equalize the number of purchasable mounts available to each race, a new 60% speed ground mount has been added for night elves, and a new 100% speed ground mount has been added for the undead.
- Flying over Dalaran and Wintergrasp is now possible so long as players keep a healthy distance above the ground.
Anyone with an alt will likely love these changes. Anyone with standard flying will also be happy, as their speed is getting more than doubled. And I want to know how Blizz defines a 'healty distance above the ground.' Hmm...
DruidsNot much to say here either. The notes pretty well sum it up =)
- Enrage: This Bear Form ability now generates 20 rage initially, and 10 rage over the next 10 seconds. The armor penalty is unchanged.
- Flight Form: Can now be learned at level 60. Flight speed increased to 150%.
- Flight Form and Swift Flight Form: Now benefit from a paladin's Crusader Aura.
- Innervate: Duration reduced to 10 seconds, and cooldown reduced to 3 minutes. This means each use of Innervate will give half as much mana as before, but it will be available twice as often.
- Lifebloom: The final heal that occurs when this spell blooms has been reduced by 20% on the base and on the spell power coefficient.
- Mangle: Ranks 4 and 5 base points reduced by about 11%. Scaling from attack power unchanged.
- Rake: Ranks 6 and 7 base points on initial and periodic damage reduced by about 7%. Scaling from attack power unchanged.
- Rip: Ranks 8 and 9 base points and points per combo point reduced by about 6%. Scaling from attack power unchanged.
- Savage Defense: The animation for gaining this buff will no longer make the bear stand upright
- Shred: Ranks 8 and 9 base points reduced by about 10%. Scaling from attack power unchanged.
- Swift Flight Form: Druids who have acquired a mount able to go 310% flight speed will now also go that speed while in this form.
- Swipe (Cat): Percent of weapon damage done reduced from 260% to 250%.
- Travel Form: Can now be learned at level 16.
- Balance of Power: Now reduces all spell damage taken by 3/6%, rather than reducing the chance to be hit by spells by 2/4%.
- Eclipse: The Starfire and Wrath buffs from this talent are now on separate 30-second cooldowns. In addition, it is not possible to have both buffs active simultaneously.
- Owlkin Frenzy: Now also restores 2% base mana every 2 seconds for the duration (10 seconds) in addition to its current effects.
- Feral Combat
- King of the Jungle: This talent now reduces the mana cost of Bear Form, Cat Form, and Dire Bear Form by 20/40/60%.
- Primal Tenacity: This talent no longer reduces the mana cost of Bear Form, Cat Form, and Dire Bear Form.
- Empowered Touch: Now also increases the amount of bonus healing effects for Nourish by 10/20%.
- Improved Barkskin: No longer provides dispel resistance to all effects on the druid, but now reduces the chance your Barkskin is dispelled by an additional 35/70%.
User InterfaceSome great things in here, some that are a little redundant with standard addons. But it's progress in the right direction either way.
- The quest log is now double-paned for more easily viewing quest information. The list of all quests a player has will show in one pane, while the quest details of any highlighted quest will display in the next.
- Character name auto-completion for the chat frame, pop-ups, and mail interface can be enabled through an interface option in the Development settings.
- Character names can now be colorized according to class in the chat frame through an interface option in the Development settings.
- Casting bars under the target frame, focus frame, and nameplates will now display as shielded if the cast cannot be interrupted.
- Druids will now be able to see their mana bars when shape-shifted.
- Item Comparisons: Holding the shift key while hovering over an item will now display the stat differences with the item currently equipped in the relevant slot.
- Item Level: A new option has been added under Display in the Interface Options to show the item level on item tooltips.
- Macros and scripts will no longer be able to target totems by name.
- New Feature Icons: Options recently added to any of the options menus will now display a yellow exclamation point next to them to indicate that they are new features.
- Vendor prices will now be listed on items whether or not players are at a vendor.
World EnvironmentAnd now to the fun parts... New pet? Check. Easier travel to Shatt? Check. No more TB > Org run? Check. More mailboxes? Heck yes! Anvil FINALLY in Darnassus? Lol.
- Wolvar and Gorloc orphans have arrived in Dalaran and need your help! Players can find out more by visiting the Eventide District (completing the quests being offered for this event will not count toward any Children's Week achievements). Players have a limited amount of time to care for these orphans before they take their leave. They will then return again for the regularly-scheduled Children's Week next year.
- Portal areas in all major cities now offer a portal to the Blasted Lands near the Dark Portal.
- Once crossing through the Dark Portal, players can access a flight path directly from the Stair of Destiny to Shattrath.
- A new zeppelin docking ramp has been added to Thunder Bluff allowing Horde players easier transport to and from Orgrimmar.
- The local Postal Service has grown tired of walking so far each day to collect mail and has decided to install a large number of new mailboxes in Stormwind, Undercity, Darnassus and Orgrimmar.
- Mathiel in Darnassus has finally earned himself enough money from your repair bills that he was able to buy himself an anvil.
Tome of Cold Weather Flight: New heirloom item. Players who have reached level 80 can now purchase this book for 1,000 gold from Hira Snowdawn, the Cold Weather Flying Trainer in Dalaran. Similar to other heirloom items, this item can be mailed to other characters of the same realm, account and faction. The book is consumed when read training the character in Cold Weather Flying. Requires level 68.
Wahoo! Again, more for alts though...
Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings: This item's stats and level have been increased to match the power level of healer weapons coming from the Coliseum 25-person normal difficulty instance. In addition, each time Val'anyr is equipped, Blessing of Ancient Kings will be placed on a 45-second cooldown before it can occur.
Very nice. For those lucky few that have the legendary already, this will be a nice change to keep the weapon in line with current item levels. And who doesn't want a more awesome shiny?
Very nice. My baby druid will actually get to use some of her stockpile now.
Druids should no longer be removed from a form after using any engineered bombs.
Now that we're done with the patch notes, time for the fun things... Loot list next!