Tuesday, March 10, 2009

3.1 Crit/Haste Gear

With all of the lovely changes in 3.1, it seems we're going to be moving quite a bit away from the current resto itemization wishes. I'm still attempting to get on the PTR myself (What do you mean I don't have any characters on Stonemaul %@$&!) but has anyone started looking at builds/specs/gear that is much more biased towards crit and haste? AI, actually using Nourish *twitch*

I'll likely go back and edit this with my thoughts once I've managed to run some tests myself, but from the numbers and reports I've seen so far, kinda worried that my rotation's going to start looking more like a holy pally 0.o

-----

Edit =)

Going to skip all the number fun... Every single blog out there seems to have that info listed somewhere.

After testing it out for a while, I think I'm going to be okay with this change. For the most part, my raid healing is going to stay the same, with single targets getting Rejuve or LB when it's predictable damage, and WG for group heals. Unfortunately, my mana regen currently fails, so my attempts at just keeping a 3 stack up on a MT have put me at going OOM more quickly than I liked. With all of the other regen changes, for any lower-end geared tree, I don't think that is going to be the best method for longer fights. While I personally think micromanaging is going to be the best way to go with these current changes, I don't think that is going to be a feasable playstyle for newer trees.

At this point, I'd recommend the standard keeping rejuve and regrowth up, but using Nourish more. That means that yes indeed crit and haste gear will be your friend. At the same time, start practicing in less-dangerous conditions how to judge your mana regen with lifebloom, the timing, and of course the actual bloom. By the time you're healing Ulduar 25, hopefully you'll have a good grasp of how to best manage LB in your rotation with your partucular gear and spec.

Just don't try and learn that while healing me in 3 drake OS >.>

No comments:

Post a Comment