Monday, February 22, 2010

Blog Lists and Stuff

If you're reading at the site, and not through a reader, you might notice that my blog list over there ----> has changed today. I've gone through and cut some non-tree blogs and ones that haven't been updated in a long while, and was going to add several that I've discovered since doing the list.

And then halfway through I got a tad overwhelmed. So, instead, I imported my google reader tree list, and set it to display the 10 most recently updated. I may end up altering it some once I see how it works for a week or so, but we'll see.

I changed/updated a few more things over there on the sidebar, feedback is love =)

4 comments:

  1. I like the idea of displaying the 10 most recently updated. Is it going to re-order them every time one is updated? Unfortunately the ones at the bottom of the list haven't been updated in quite some time.

    I'm a big fan of adding blogs from others' blogrolls, but my biggest "turn off" is clicking on a few and seeing that they were last updated in July. I probably won't persist.

    Now, on the other hand, if you have something like Miss Medicina has, where it tells you when the blog was last updated, without even having to click the link, I'll be adding those to my feed reader in an instant. In fact, I need to do a sidebar like that with my blog... but anyhoo, I know it's possible in blogspot, since Miss Med does it, you can too!

    http://missmedicina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Crankyhealer

    From what I understand, it should update itself fairly often and push the recently posted blogs to the top. That's one thing I'll be keeping an eye on for the next few days.

    And went and added the date there, was kinda worried about the sidebar getting too long but looking at it now, I agree that's a nice thing to have in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's looking good. I still have lots of work to do on my sidebar as I'm hating it. :\ Love the blog by the way, always a fun read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Avoran Thanks! =) Glad you like the way it looks, and the blog ^.^ What's the link to your blog? Not seeing it on your profile page =\

    ReplyDelete